Friday, November 11, 2005

Must....Have....Air....

Because I am laughing too damn hard over this. Thanks to the evil nekkid farmer for the link. The point here, and I hope no one is missing this, is that you can't demand things YOUR way and think that no one else is going to argue, when your demand is going to affect the lives of others. I am a Christian. I am at a point in my life where I can say that without shame. I also do not believe the Bible is infallible, or that we must put on blinders to serve God. When you read that website, think of it this way. Yes, it sounds ridiculous, but think of what Christians sound like - THEY SAY THE SAME THINGS. And it sounds outrageous. I once had a pastor argue with me that there were never dinosaurs on the earth. I said, "Well, how do you explain to your little boy, when you go into the museums, that that huge bone structure is not real, when it is in front of his eyes?" The pastor had the decency to look sheepish, and answered, "I tell him that there are things we won't understand now, but that we have to have faith in God that it will be explained in the end." Okay, now that is crazy-making. Here is a skeleton of bones from a dinosour, but we know God didn't make dinosaurs, so this doesn't really exist despite the fact that we can reach out and touch it....let's go to the gift shop, instead. People! You can't sound like a nincompoop and think others are going to hop on your bandwagon - unless you are Jim Jones, I suppose. A little common sense is a wonderful thing here.... It is natural to believe in something greater than ourselves. None of us will know the full truth until the end of things, but for goodness sakes, stop sounding like a bunch weirdos and use the brain God gave you. One of my favorite things that I hear from Christians is that the things we don't understand we may never understand, but (hopefully) some of it the Big Guy will explain to us when we get to wherever we are going. Okay, I'm good with that. Then who are YOU to stand on absolutes and judge others when you don't have all the answers either?