Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fake I.D.

All I ask for is a little patience. And what do I get, but evil nekkid farmers blasting away on me. Sheesh - give a red head some room, will ya? Okay, Small Holder, enjoy the moment because I'll probably take this part of the post down tomorrow. YOU ARE RIGHT. There. I said it. Now let me alone so I can wail in my indignity. Okay, back to our scheduled programming. I don't need to read the trail notes and boring jargon. I just need to hear the idiocy of the televangelists over the evening news.
"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club."
Source Could someone please shut these idiots up, and fast? It is an absolute insult to those of us who actually like to hang with the Big Guy. 1. Excuse me, Mr. Robertson, did you notice that SECOND part of your Bible? I think the lable says something like, NEW TESTAMENT? Seems to me the guy in that part of the story was bringing the whores to God. I hardly think a change of school board equals that. 2. At judgment day, please stand downwind from me. I don't feel like being cinged when God gets to you. The nerve of these jerks, dictating the reaction of a higher power. Where the heck do they get off? But I digress....The entire evening news shows were covered with this "controversy." Let me let y'all in on a little known secret....I graduated from a religious school. I know, I know, I will wait for you to get up off the floor. Better? Good. That being said, I would NEVER send my children to a private school for religious purposes. They distort and twist the Bible to suit their needs, and that is common practice in religious schools. I went to 10 different schools, so I do consider myself somewhat of an expert on the student experience. If you want religion in your children's education, home-school them. For goodness sakes, don't let some teacher or school district determine what interpretation of God and the Bible they are going to follow. As we see by the example of the (self)righteous Mr. Robertson, they may forget that second half of Biblical teaching. Not to mention, suppose the school district elects a Muslim superintendent....now I want to see all the backing for religion in schools then, 'k? So I am against ID in schools. Stick with science. If the religious folks don't get their heads out of their keisters and see that religion in schools is not going to fix the problem, I don't know what to tell you. If you want to fix the problem in schools, fix the families. Yes, God can definitely assist there. Meanwhile, teach your beliefs to your children, and I'll teach my beliefs to mine. Side Note: If I were a guy, and my nickname was "small" "holder," I'd start to wonder what people might think about me. I mean, what exactly is he holding that is so small?