Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Importance of Appearance

I just came home for seeing the film, "In Her Shoes." Having read the book by Jennifer Weiner some time ago, I was pleasantly surprised that the movie captured the magic and intensity of the book. I was disappointed when I saw the male romantic interest had been dolled up considerably from the actual book character. Indeed, he turned from a balding redhead to a considerably handsome man. I know this seems hard for movie-makers to believe, but the rest of the world falls in love with average human beings. Having been a ramantic interest of many an "ugly duckling," I can personally attest to this. And even pretty women, of whom I am one, can fall in love with less than dazzling counterparts. They seemed to have missed that in Hollywood.