Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Fortune Cookies

Tonight, mine said, "Your present plans are going to succeed." How often do we read fortunes, horoscopes, or even religious material, and hope and pray that luck might turn our way? Instead of taking to heart that if we put in the work, our dreams will come to pass, we play the lottery, wait for relatives to die, or wait for retirement, so we might glimpse the life of the successful. I had a friend recently tell me that I would never be satisfied anywhere. To some degree, that may be true, when viewing my current employment and life status. However, after reviewing history, and those that we hail as heroes and historical figures, I don't recall a single one that stayed where they were and did nothing. Ambition, dedication, and respect for others is often the key characteristics of those whom we designate as great leaders, inventors, heroes, etc. I don't need to wish on my fortune. My fortune is my reality. Bring it on.