Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Blogging without Apology

I liked the concept of the title so much, I'm using it again, with a slightly different twist. I've been recently annoyed by a reader and realized that I have allowed other people to censor what I want to say. Let me put this bluntly. This is MY blog: it is made up of my thoughts and what I want to say on issues. I've never addressed anything I've written towards anyone specifically, unless I was lauding them for their thoughts or accomplishments. My intention is never to hurt people, but I certainly cannot control for those who might be offended. If I worried about that, I would never say anything. If you don't like what I write, if it offends you, DON'T READ IT. No one is holding a gun to your head. And I am not looking someone to be my conscience. I have God for that. However, if what I say intrigues you and you want to engage in debate, bring it on. I'm always up for a challenge and some thoughtful exchange. And you certainly do not have to agree with me - most of my closest friends disagree with me regularly - that is part of what makes being individuals so fascinating.