Monday, June 20, 2005

The book meme...I'm it.

Bill Keezer has tagged me with the book meme. So here goes: Total Number Of Books Owned Ever: Not a clue - have hundreds in boxes and in memory. Also, I own well over 50 audio book titles. Last Book Bought: ::gags:: Bill Clinton's My Life for a significant other who thought it would be an interesting read. Yes, I really love that boy. Last Book I Read: It's Not You, It's Me by Allison Rushby. Stictly a sick day read. Somewhat entertaining. Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me: The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. This is one of the best books I've ever read, if not THE best. The writing is stunning, the relationship is powerful, and the concept behind the book....few of us could handle it if not set in an unreal setting. If you haven't read it, do. The Outlander Series by Diane Gabaldon. Part of the reason I visited Scotland was to witness the history that these books are based on. While they are fiction, it is some of the best writing and historical narrative I've read in a long time. 1984 by G. Orwell. I don't know what book puts it more clearly, except Animal Farm. I am glad I finally got up the guts to read them. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell. I had the illustrated, simplified version as a child, and it awoke in me a love of horses and appreciation for all animals. The Spiderwyck Chronicles by Holly Black & Tony DiTerlizzi. I can't say these books are thrilling - they are children's mystery/fantasy books. But I read them to a 5 and 8 year old who can't wait to go to bed so we can read the next couple of chapters. Nothing is better or more meaningful than that. I tag John Pike.