Saturday, April 16, 2005

Pleasant Surprise

Against my better judgment, I bought another Dell computer. The one I have now is crap, and while I swore I would never by another, they had a deal I couldn't pass up. However, when I unwrapped my new purchase, and plugged it in, it would not turn on, not even a light blinked. I tried everything I knew how, and nothing was happening. So called tech support. The last time I called tech support, Dell had just moved their support over seas, and I spent two hours conversing (I use that term broadly) with two men with thick Indian accents. It was incredibly frustrating, and my problem was not solved. However, this time I spoke with American folks, who were friendly and helpful, and a technician will be visiting to fix the rogue machine. What a relief! I may be revising my opinion.