Saturday, March 26, 2005

While I'm Disagreeing With My Favorite Bloggers....

I'm actually going to agree with one blogger with whom I enjoy regularly disagreeing! My good friend, Bill Keezer, has a post regarding military policy of not leaving the bodies of dead soldiers behind. It is in response to Smallholder's post on the same topic. I know - 'tis shocking. I'm agreeing with Smallholder?! Get the straight jacket ready, the men in white coats are knocking at the door.... I have to agree with Smallholder, in that risking a man's life for a corpse is pointless, especially when you risk ending up with two corpses to retrieve. That we need dignity and honor....I assure you, there is little dignity and honor in the medical quarters where our wounded are treated and our dead wait for transport. To lose a valuable human life over the carcas of another is stupidity in my book. Perhaps that is part of the problem - we have lost the value of life. Mind you, if the corpse can be retrieved without risk, then by all means, we should do so and return the body home for a decent burial. But to risk a living, breathing individual for one that will never live and breath again....I can't agree.