Monday, March 14, 2005

Those in Glass Houses....

I was listening to the critique of the woman who was kidnapped and held for three days by the Atlanta shooter. Many people think this woman, Ashley, became close with her kidnapper, perhaps even fell for him. I cannot say one way or another, as I was not there. I can, however, attest to this: there are any number of things you will do when you are in a situation which you believe will cost you your life. You will offer to do things, and actually do things, you would swear you would NEVER do. Be careful when criticizing this woman, or trying to guess how she feels. Not a one of us can say what we will do in extreme situations, try as we might to prepare. I admire this woman for coming out alive, no matter what she may or may not have done or felt.