Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Exploratory Writing

John Pike over at Pike Speak has created a new blog, titled Pike Write. The goal is to work on writing exercises and work within a small group - getting feedback and ideas (if I'm wrong here, John, please correct me!). He was kind enough to ask me to join. Honestly, my ego is extremely fragile - when it comes to my writing. I can handle anyone disagreeing with me - but don't mess with my sentence structure! And my fiction forrays are the worst. NO ONE reads my work. I've written for years, thousands of pages of prose and poetry and lyrics, that no one will ever see. Heck, I don't even know where I put it all anymore. But I figure I'll never get any better if I am my only audience, so I'm going to give it a go now and then when I have some time. Take a look - John has an exquisite talent in writing, with goals (publishing a biography of a family member, to name one) that make me excited to see where he goes next.