Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Super (Human) Food

Putting aside my vegetarian pursuits for the moment, I fail to see the excitement over Hardee's new "Monster Burger." I could have sworn food-rape was of limited risk. You know, when someone puts a gun to your head and forces you to eat too much food. As long as you steer clear of your mother's (or grandmother's) kitchen table, the risk of food-rape is minimal. However, according to The Center for Science in the Public Interest, we are apparently forced to eat unhealthy food. And our expanding waistlines are the blame of food-producing corporations, and not our own foolish choices. Thank goodness for The Center for Science in the Public Interest - I can now forget my diet, cancel my gym membership, and eat whatever strikes my fancy. After all, Hardee's made me do it.