Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Stressin'

I have had several responses from my post entitled, "The Male Organ." Like I've said before, posts I think are mundane often strike a chord when I least expect it. Steve over at the Igloo made a response that I think says something about the differences in men and women - or maybe just how rude women can be. No, Steve, I don't think the women just wanted to "hang." If I want to relax and not be bothered, I go someplace I can relax and where I am not likely to get hit on. And it is not uncommon for me to get hit on (that is not my ego speaking - I have certain physical abundancies that play a role here). Frequently, women will go out, dressed to kill, and then turn down guys left and right. There are a few reasons I am familiar with: 1) they are insecure, and when a guy actually makes the move, the women get scared and say no; 2) they are out to punish all men for some previous grievance by some other guy; 3) they know (or think) they are hot, and will only say "yes" to someone they think meets their level of attractiveness; 4) and lastly, perhaps you used a really bad pick-up line (Something along the lines of - "Should I call you in the morning or nudge you?"). And as a last thought on this, women are really insecure. Many don't take the time to think about how their rejection affects you. You see, we are really caught up on every little thing that could possibly be wrong with us. Very few women are able to pull out of themselves enough to consider the other side of the equation. So we might be insensitive, despite our claims of ultra-sensitivity, to your plight, but trust me, you are on the better end of the neurotic spectrum.