Friday, December 03, 2004

One and Only Comment

I've avoided commenting on the Scott Peterson trial. I find it full of media hype and ridiculous on many levels. A friend of mine wondered why one pretty, pregnant white woman who was murdered got so much attention when there are many, less attractive, pregnant women who get killed very year? Because with Lacey and her baby, they could make headlines! Ain't it great? I was listening to the radio this morning, and they were talking about Peterson's sentencing trial. How the family is telling stories about the wonderful person Scott Peterson is, how he volunteered and was a great brother and son....and I kept thinking to myself: a great brother and loving son who murdered his wife and unborn child while having an affair with another woman. Need I say more?