Thursday, December 23, 2004

Life's Little Annoyances

Radio commercials have been particularly obnoxious this Christmas season. My CD player has decided to go on strike, so in the meantime, I've been getting my music fix from the radio. While I enjoy the 24/7 Christmas songs, the commercials are about as repetitive as Clay Aiken's "Noel" rendition. And they're nasty - have you heard the cingular wireless commercial with Santa and the Reindeer? The Reindeer are downright mean to the old guy. I have noticed several very aggressive commercials, where Santa is the butt of the joke. I am not exactly sure why that is. Another irritating part of commercials - ever have a commercial that has a cell phone ringing in it, or, worse yet, the sounds of traffic and cars honking? I truly believe these things should be outlawed. I have no idea how often I've grabbed my cell phone or nearly slammed on my brakes dues to these commercials. 'Tis the Season....