Sunday, November 21, 2004

Holiday Blues

As we head into the holiday season, I can't say there is much I look forward to. This is usually the toughest time of year for me, due to family problems I can do nothing to change. As much as I wish we could change people at times, that is not a possibility, and we must deal with the hand we are dealt. As I think of many of you whom I've met via the WWW, I realize that I am not the only person who may not have my happiest days during this holiday....funny how self-centered we become in our misery. Too often we feel as though we are the only ones who can have a bad day. Nonetheless, I would like to encourage my readers (gosh, I love saying that - thanks to you all for reading so I can say that!) and co-bloggers to e-mail me (or post yourself) with comments/stories on your holiday seasons....perhaps the difficulties involved, and what you find to be thankful for in spite of the difficulties the holidays present in your life....or even just a happy holiday moment. Anything e-mailed to me may be posted, but as always, anonymously, unless otherwise indicated. In part, I do this for myself, as I could use the encouragement (and yes, commiseration, alright?) but also for others who could use a little holiday pizzazz as we start our over-consumption of Christmas carols.