Friday, October 29, 2004

Men-Hating Women

I am still unsure how to approach this in everyday life. On any bookstore table, there are books like: 101 Things Men Do That Drive Their Wives Crazy, Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl-A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship, Men Are Like Fish: What Every Woman Needs to Know About Catching a Man, All Men Are Jerks: Until Proven Otherwise : A Woman's Guide to Understanding Men, Date Like A Man: What Men Know About Dating and Are Afraid You'll Find Out, J-Factor Male Jerk Counter : The New Rating System That Tells You Just How Big a Jerk Your Man Really Is! How's that for warm-fuzzies and encouraging healthy relationships? A constant barrage of how horrible men are floods the workplace, social conversations, media, etc. Let's not even get into Hallmark cards for women and the insults that abound there. And I am convinced Lifetime TV has never met an abusive bastard they didn't love to hate. Smallholder is right - where is the sequal to that movie, What Women Want? What about what men want? While I'm a firm believer that it is much easier to satisfy men than women when it comes to relationships - too many men are left unsatisfied, so there is apparently a need to examine this simplicity a bit further. Where is the interest in what men need and how to provide it? Perhaps all it takes for most guys is sex or a sandwhich....more women need to figure out what kind of sandwhich he wants, I suppose. It is a frustrating problem. Women say I am too young and naive - "Just wait, you'll see what we mean...." (Of course, they have no idea the nightmare that is my ex-husband) - yet I disagree. I've lived my share, dated my share, and many of my friends are men. I see nothing in the male behavior that is much more atrocious....and there again, it is women fighting for the right to kill off their unborn babies. When it comes to heartless behavior, women have more than their fair share of blame. Where do women get off slamming men without thought of men's feelings, and why are they allowed to get away with it? Why is it men must tiptoe around their thoughts and feelings towards women? Yet another post that ends with frustration.