Sunday, October 31, 2004

Last Thoughts....For a While Anyway

I'm going to leave this topic for now....unless something else comes up and gets me going. My question regarding the male vs. female viewpoint on determining a good mate drew out some excellent responses, and I cannot thank you all enough. I have learned so much since I started this blog. Through other blogs and those who respond to my writing, my education has skyrocketed. One thing remains clear to me: we need to learn to accept others for who they are. This does not mean to accept bad behavior. But when it comes to relationships, especially those with the opposite sex, we each need to understand and accept that we are different animals. Our similarities draw us together, but it is our differences that enrich our lives. Too often we try to change people, forcing them to fit our mold of what we think we want, yet if someone attempted to do that to us, we would scream emotional abuse. Both women and men think differently and respond to stimuli in different ways - instead of being irritated by it, why not just appreciate the differences? Relate to one another, communicate, and for God's sake, don't ask questions unless you are prepared to get an answer. And when you get an answer, don't over-react. If you want the truth, you have to be willing to accept it. Now, I'm going to go appreciate those differences and let my man be manly and put on a new door knob for me. Afterwards, I'll get him a beer and rub his feet. Is this good, or what?