Monday, September 27, 2004

Problems of Conscience

I won't bother commenting on the current political climate, as it is pathetic. If Kerry doesn't lose by a huge margin, I'll be shocked. So we are going to go on the personal struggles end this evening. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am sending out resumes to put myself back in the normal work force. I currently am self-employed and own two businesses, and work two extra side jobs to maintain that status. Let me tell you, 4 jobs, full-time school, seven days a week, 24 hours/day availability....it is getting old. I am only 26, so no, I can't complain about my health maladies (thank God!), but it is wearing me out. So that being said, I've been sending out resumes like a mad woman. I finally got a call back today, for a job I don't particularly want, but it would be the foot in the door. By no means would I stop looking for a job if I take this one....so it could be temporary. But of course, you have to go in and act like this is the dream job of your life. So what to do? Lie, because I need to get into a normal job and stop working like a maniac....or be truthful, and never get a job because after all, who hires honest people? Oy.