Thursday, August 12, 2004

Thought

Peg Kaplan over at What if has an excellent post regarding Ed Koch and his decision on how to vote for 2004. I wholeheartedly agree with his conclusion. I said something similar yesterday to a friend. I am registered Republican, though I do not let that determine my vote. I rarely agree with George W. Bush on his domestic policies - I feel he has often been a traitor to those that voted for him. However, terrorism and its defeat is our most important fight right now. Internally, as a nation, we can fight on the domestic front ourselves. The external fight for terrorism, however, must be upheld and fought with planning and ferociousness. We cannot leave this up to the terrorists, as John Kerry is wont to do. Because of this, I will vote for Bush and strong leadership in the war. Left to John Kerry, we would still begging France and Germany for their pittance, and we would become the weakling he already is.